Breakthrough Diaphragm Stimulation for Patients with Spinal Cord Injuries
The NeuRx® Diaphragm Pacing System is designed as an alternative treatment for patients with spinal cord injuries that result in the reliance on a ventilator to breathe.
Initially in a patient suffering from a spinal cord injury, the stimulation from the NeuRx® DPS works to condition their diaphragm muscle, which has weakened from a lack of use due to their injury.
In the NeuRx DPS® clinical trial of 50 high-level Spinal Cord Injury/Quadriplegia patients:
- 100% success rate in achieving tidal volumes in patients with intact phrenic nerve.
- 25 patients achieved full-time diaphragm pacing and eliminated the use of their ventilator.
- 33 patients paced more than 12 hours per day and significantly reduced the time spent on their ventilator.
The NeuRx DPS® has dramatically improved comfort levels for Spinal Cord Injury Patients
- Reduce and in some cases eliminate their dependency on mechanical ventilators
- Regain their independence by enhancing their mobility and transportation options
- Allowing them to sleep more comfortably and soundly without constant ventilator noise
- May allow for natural breathing through the nose and mouth rather than primarily through tracheostomy tube.