Breakthrough Diaphragm Stimulation for Patients with Spinal Cord Injuries
The NeuRx® Diaphragm Pacing System is designed as an alternative treatment for patients with spinal cord injuries that result in the reliance on a ventilator to breathe.
Initially in a patient suffering from a spinal cord injury, the stimulation from the NeuRx® DPS works to condition their diaphragm muscle, which has weakened from a lack of use due to their injury.
In the NeuRx DPS® clinical trial of 50 high-level Spinal Cord Injury/Quadriplegia patients:
- 100% success rate in achieving tidal volumes in patients with intact phrenic nerve.
- 25 patients achieved full-time diaphragm pacing and eliminated the use of their ventilator.
- 33 patients paced more than 12 hours per day and significantly reduced the time spent on their ventilator.
The NeuRx DPS® has dramatically improved comfort levels for Spinal Cord Injury Patients
- Reduce and in some cases eliminate their dependency on mechanical ventilators
- Regain their independence by enhancing their mobility and transportation options
- Allowing them to sleep more comfortably and soundly without constant ventilator noise
- May allow for natural breathing through the nose and mouth rather than primarily through tracheostomy tube.
Discover the Benefits of Diaphragm Pacing Technology
Learn More About the NeuRx DPS®
Patients interested in utilizing the NeuRx DPS® should speak with their physician about ordering the device. If you have any questions about using this device to condition your diaphragm, or if you want to learn more about the NeuRx DPS®, please contact the Synapse Biomedical team.